Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Infamous Jerome White Guarantee

Dear Goth aficionados (and aficionadas too!) embalmers, Bostonians, lovers of Victorian culture and literature and those of you who are just plain weird, here is the infamous Jerome White Guarantee

When embalming a case that had a head "post" (autopsy), I used to offer funeral home directors my guarantee:

"If this head leaks, I will eat my shoe.”

In all my years, I never ate a shoe, but have licked many, many boots…that, of course, is a different story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Many people ask me; since you inject fluid into the circulatory system, do men get an erection when you embalm them?
My standard reply was:

"Only if they found me attractive."

My late friend and fellow embalmer, Bill Carter was often questioned by the relatives of deceased clients if he did hair.
Bill would always answer

"Honey, yes! I’m the one who put the 'boo" in “bouffant!"



No comments: